Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Quick Sauteed Chicken Breasts, So Good You Can Entertain with Them

       Lisa's Dinnertime Dish has moved.  Please visit me at my new and improved blog site!  The new address is http://lisasdinnertimedish.com.  I look forward to seeing you at the new site!!


      The other night, I was having a complete roadblock when it came to dinner.  I was not inspired to make anything.  I looked through my pantry and my refrigerator to see what I had on hand (I REALLY didn't want to run to the grocery store!) and still I was coming up with nothing.  So I tried to think about what it was that I was hungry for and I looked through my pantry and refrigerator again.  Finally it came to me...chicken....and then the wheels started to spin.

     What I ended up doing was pounding out the chicken, so it would cook up super fast, dredged it in some flour and sauteed it in some olive oil.  Then, I made a quick pan sauce with white wine, chicken stock, lemon and butter to spoon over the top.  I paired it up with an equally quick pasta side dish and some steamed broccoli and dinner was on the table!

    It turned out to be delicious.  In fact, I think this chicken is good enough to entertain with because for one, it was really good.  It also would be very easy to have this all prepped, so that when your guests arrive, all you have to do is saute the chicken and make the sauce.


Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Lemon Butter Pan Sauce



  • 4 boneless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 1/3 cup chicken stock
  • juice from one lemon
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped

Put the chicken in a gallon size ziplog bag and pound it out until it is about 1/2 inch thick.


Put flour on a plate or in a shallow dish (I just used a paper plate) and season with salt and pepper.


Coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil.


Once oil is hot, add chicken to the pan.


Saute chicken for 4 minutes and then turn over and cook for an additional 4 minutes.


Remove chicken from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.  Add wine to the pan and let it cook for a couple of minutes until it reduces slightly.


Add chicken broth.


Stir to incorporate and let it reduce slightly.  Then add lemon juice.


Stir in butter until melted.


Finally, stir in parlsey, salt and pepper.


Place chicken on a serving platter or individual plates and spoon sauce over the top.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment