Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Artichoke Spinach Dip, A Party Classic

        Lisa's Dinnertime Dish has moved.  Please visit me at my new and improved blog site!  The new address is http://lisasdinnertimedish.com.  I look forward to seeing you at the new site!!


     Who doesn't love artichoke spinach dip?  I know I love it.  The unfortunate thing is that I rarely get to enjoy it because the crazy thing is, NO ONE else in my family shares the same love.  Well last night, I was having some ladies over and I thought that this would be a perfect appetizer to serve.  The problem was , since I never make this I didn't have a recipe.  Well, Miz Helen's Country Cottage  came to the rescue and gave me her recipe from her cookbook, Miz Helen's Kitchen Table Cookbook.

     The recipe looked absolutely delicious!  It was also really easy to make. I just made a couple of little changes to it and then I served it with homemade bread (I will have this recipe for you soon) and pita chips.  It turned out creamy and tangy and cheesy.  All of the things that this dip is supposed to be!

Spinach Artichoke Dip


  • 1 10oz package frozen spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
  • 1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1  8oz package light cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup light sour cream
  • juice from 1 lemon
  • 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Coat an 8x11 baking dish with cooking spray.
Drain the thawed spinach. The best way to do this is to wrap it up in a kitchen towel and squeeze all of the water out.




Chop the artichoke hearts and garlic.


In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo and sour cream.


Add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.






Spread mixture in your baking dish.


Cover and bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven.  Uncover and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until dip is starting to brown on top and it's heated through.  Serve with fresh bread and pita chips.


ENJOY!


Shared at Newlyweds Blog on 1/11/12.
Shared at Gooseberry Patch on 1/11/12.
Shared at Forkful of Comfort on 1/11/12.
Shared at This Chick Cooks on 1/11/12.
Shared at Food Corner on 1/11/12.
Shared at It's a Keeper on 1/12/12.
Shared at Miz Helen's Country Cottage on 1/12/12.

3 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic, Lisa! I would have been gobbling that up ... and buying all the jewelry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, you did a great job with the Artichoke Dip, it looks great! I am so glad that I saw your post for help the other day, I am always happy to offer a recipe for a friend. Thank you so much for sharing with our 1st Anniversary Party at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with me Miz Helen! It was a huge success. I would love it if you would stop by and visit me at my new blog site, http://lisasdinnertimedish.com. Stop by anytime and see what's cookin'.

      Delete