Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Pesto Puff Pastry Pinwheels

       Lisa's Dinnertime Dish has moved.  Please visit me at my new and improved blog site!  The new address is http://lisasdinnertimedish.com.  I look forward to seeing you at the new site!!


      I love appetizers that are really quick to make.  This particular appetizer is great because not only is it quick to make, it also calls for ingredients that you can easily keep on hand, puff pastry, pesto and cheese.

     I made this appetizer for Christmas Eve and I have to admit, it wasn't the prettiest appetizer I've made.  But everyone loved them.  There was nothing left on the tray except for crumbs!

    Pesto Puff Pastry Pinwheels




  • 1 sheet puff pastry
  • prepared pesto
  • finely shredded asiago cheese (you could also use parmesan, but asiago is what I had on hand)
  • fresh ground pepper


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
On a lightly floured board, roll puff pastry out into a rectangle, about 9x12.


Spread a thin layer of pesto over pastry, leaving about a 1 inch border.




Sprinkle a layer of cheese over the pesto.


Starting from the long end, roll the pastry up into a pinwheel.




Cut into slices about 1/2 inch thick.


Place on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray.


Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly brown and crispy.  Serve immediately.



ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious Lisa and so easy! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete