Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Turkey Day Menu

       Lisa's Dinnertime Dish has moved.  Please visit me at my new and improved blog site!  The new address is http://lisasdinnertimedish.com.  I look forward to seeing you at the new site!!


      Just one more day until it's Thanksgiving!  There will be a flurry of activity at my house today.  I like to make as much ahead as possible so that I can relax and enjoy my company on Thanksgiving day.  Along with making most of my dishes ahead of time, I also always try and have the table set the day before as well.  Then it's one less thing to worry about on Turkey Day!

     This is my menu for this year.  It really doesn't vary that much from year to year, my family likes to keep it traditional.  I have two new things this year, sweet potato bisque and cranberry, jalapeno and cilantro relish (which I found at Rich and Sweet)

Appetizers


Sweet Potato Bisque with Truffle Oil


A Surprise (my mother-in-law is bringing something)

Side Dishes


Apple and Dried Cranberry Stuffing




Mashed potatoes
Gravy (lots of gravy)
Green Beans with Shallot Butter (I will post this recipe later, it's a great dish for Christmas, too)
Raspberry jello (my mom brings this every year)
Dinner Rolls (my sister-in-law makes my Grandma's recipe every year)


Cranberry Jelly (yes, my family likes it from the can, sorry)
Cranberry, Jalapeno and Cilantro Relish  (I found this recipe at Rich and Sweet and it is absolutely delicious)


Main Dish


Roast Turkey (of course)

Dessert


Pumpkin Pie with Real Whipped Cream
Apple pie (my mom is bringing all of the pies)


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!  Enjoy your families, friends and all of the fantastic food!!





2 comments:

  1. What a menu! I'm so excited about Thanksgiving I can hardly take it!

    ReplyDelete